It was the year 2000 and something and the technology just keeps getting better and better. We don’t have flying cars yet or ships that fly in space. Well that we know of. There could be and we just don’t know it. However, we do have a device you can talk to and it will you feedback.
What is it
This device is known as an Echo, and it is a smart speaker that connects to what is called an intelligent (hard to say) personal assistant. It is called Alexa. It can do the following:
- Music playback
- Making to-do lists
- Setting alarms
- Streaming podcasts
- Listening to audiobooks
You can connect this device up to other companies devices.
You can connect this smart device to the following companies:
- Apple Music
- Sirius XM
- Google Play Music (Blue Tooth)
- It will respond to your Google Calendar.
- Phillips Hue
- Belkin WeMo
- Smart things
- Instron Wink
- And it works with IFTTT
- There is a lot more
You can change the response word to one of the following words:
- Amazon (why)
- Echo (why)
Yes as in computer from Star Trek. It is funny that when watching Star Trek and they say computer my Echo responds.
You can add skills and phrases
Like the following:
- Alexa, Open Thunderstorm Sounds
- Alexa, tune to HGTV (Directv)
- Alexa, run computer program (Star Trek)
- Alexa, ask Tile to find my keys
- Alexa, beam me up (Star Trek)
- Alexa, ask Rachio to start zone one for 10 minutes
- Alexa, ask Star Date Converter to get today’s stardate
- Alex, ask UPS if I have any packages
- I could go and on
It will also connect to your Apple Calendar and to do lists
I could really go on and on about this device, but let’s just say that it has some great potential on what it can do. Yes, it isn’t flying cars or space ships but it is a step closer to Skynet.