It was only time before Apple got into this market, you know the smartwatch market, it couldn’t stand not to have one, right? It would drive them crazy not to have a watch.
It was announced on September 9, 2014, and you had to have the iPhone 5 or later and running the iOS 8.2 or later. This watch connects via Bluetooth, just like all the other smartwatches.
Would you believe that this was the bestselling watch in 2015? Yes, it was. They didn’t do a Kickstarter, they didn’t have to as they have like $538 billion dollars (When the watch came out) to do some R&D.
So what is the big hype about the Apple Watch anyway, it is just another smartwatch right. Well, for starters it offers the following:
- Apple Pay
- Novel Digital Crown
- Fitness and health tracking
- Full apps
- Actionable notifications and glances
- Remote control functions
- Passbook integration
- Digital touch communication
I could go on about what the watch has to offer there is just a lot of different options. When they pushed out the new watchos 2 they have some new features, like 16 of them:
- Apps open to developers
- Activation lock
- New Faces
- Third-part complications
- Time travel (not that time travel)
- Apple pay rewards you (loyalty programs)
- Mass transit on your wrist
- New Siri powers
- Wake me up
- Circles of 12
- Live Photos on the wrist
- Screen stays awake
- Apple music perks
- Reply by mail.
So of course I am going to have my thoughts. That is just who I am. Last time I talked about my Pebble was acting up and just basically not working. I left off with a question:
“With the buttons being stuck would I upgrade to a newer Pebble?”
Since I had an iPhone, it was only natural that I would go to an Apple Watch. This is a great watch, loved my Pebble, but my Apple Watch can do so much more.
I use it for the following things:
- Pay for things with Apple Pay thus keeping my Card safe from bad people.
- All my notifications come over on my watch.
- I can tell the time in two different places
- Look at the temp
- My Calendar
- My activity
- The apps that come on the watch is nice, I can look at some
- Instagram posts
- Twitter feed
- Track my Pizza
- Control Hulu
- Check-in with my flight
- When we could fly without the stupid virus
- I mean there is so much more things I can do
- and so many more things.
I have since upgraded my Apple watch to the series 3, here is a picture of both of the watches.
The black one is the first one I got and the white one is my current one. Yes, I need to get some cooler or better bands.